Home remedies for healthy, radiant skin
By Raegan Williams, Contributing Writer for Haute is Magazine
Salt and oatmeal are all basic ingredients that most of us can find in our kitchen pantry or on the spice rack. But did you ever think of using these same items for healing your skin or to bring out its natural radiance? Here are a few simple home scrubs that are all natural, inexpensive and highly effective. (Read more about these home remedies, and find similar home recipes for green tea and coffee, in the premiere issue of Haute is Magazine.)
Salt provides resistance to bacteria, resolves various skin disorders, and serves as the ultimate exfoliator.
- Place 2/3 cups of sea salt, 2 tsp. of jojoba oil, and fresh lemon zest in a small mixing bowl. Stir well to make sure the oil thoroughly combines with the sea salt and lemon zest
- Mix the salt scrub with your fingertips when you’re ready to use it. Suggested salts are Dead Sea salt, Himalayan or gourmet salts
- Gently massage the salt scrub into your skin, paying extra attention to dry areas on your face and body, such as heels and elbows
- Rinse well and moisturize
Oatmeal can be used as a natural cleanser, skin moisturizer, and skin soother.
- Place oatmeal in bowl and add enough warm water to make a paste
- Gently rub and exfoliate in circular motions on your face and body
- Let the mixture stay on for 10-15 minutes
- Rinse with lukewarm water and finish with a splash of cold water
- Pat skin dry with towel and moisturize